- Apex Foodservice Mats
- Crown Verity
- Legend Seating Company
- Moyer Diebel
- Napa Technology
- New Age
- Prince Castle
- Southern Pride
- Zwilling JA Henckels
The Eco-Smart is an energy saving refrigeration controller for walk-in freezers and coolers. The Eco-Smart provides on-demand defrost, remote monitoring and diagnostics for new equipment or the upgrade of existing refrigeration equipment.
Features / Advantages
- Energy savings
- Defrosts only when needed (demand defrost)
- Improved product integrity – reduces spoilage
- Alarm notification text/e-mail
- Remote monitoring & system control
- Reduces liability by eliminating icing issues
- More effective service calls
- For new equipment or upgrade of existing equipment
- Easily integrated with Building Energy Management Systems
What the Informant does
- Multifunctional Monitoring System and Data Logger
- Door Position Sensors
- Lighting Control
- Panic Button
- Amperage Monitor
- Power Loss Monitor
- Data Log Access via Internet Connection to Cloud Server
- Communicates through Cellular Technology
- Temperature Alarm
- Refrigerant Leak Detection
- Humidity Sensors
- Mechanical Failure Sensors
- HACCP Compliant with detailed hour by hour Temperature Data, Noted Alarms and Temperature Graphs
Monitor, Log, and Alarm – Over Cell Network
- City Power
- Easy Install
Alarm and Monitor
Protect your expensive inventory. Know what the operating conditions have been with spreadsheets and graphs. Get a cell phone text message when doors have been open too long or temps are getting high.
Four Temperature Sensors
This small box monitors up to four refrigerated areas. Multiple conditions such as temperature, humidity, city power, and door position are constantly monitored. If any exceeds a limit, up to five cell phones are notified.
No Internet or phone line connection is required. The Informant uses the cellular phone network for sending text message and logging
Logging and Reports
Temperatures and other data are automatically logged to a Cloud Server. Logging is hourly with the highest, lowest, and temperature at end of logging period saved.
No special software is required, only a browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Explorer. Each user is assigned a user name and password. Once logged in the user can request graphs, spreadsheets or web presentations of the the data. The user can also select the time of the spreadsheets, such as ‘last month’ or ‘this week.’
Up to four temperature sensors can be used. A digital temperature sensor provides excellent accuracy and small size. Factory set, the sensor requires no further calibration. See the data sheet: 18b20 Spec Sheet There are high and low alarm settings for alarms, plus a delay period, 0 – 99 minutes.
+/-0.5degF over the range of -10F to 120F. The operating limits are -55F to 150F. The sensor is housed in heat shrink tubing and a nylon tube housing.
NIST Sensor Calibration
A certificate of National Institute of Standards and Technology calibration can be supplied. The sensor is sent to a testing lab and you get the certificate. There is an extra charge for NIST cert.
Temperature Sensor Disconnected
The length of the cable between the Informant control box and the temperature sensor can be hundreds of feet. If the temperature sensor becomes disconnected or the cable damaged, the Informant will send an alarms message and display “ERR” in the display. If the sensor is reinstalled, the error message will clear and a text message will confirm that normal operation will continue.
Five Cell Phones Can Receive Alarms
Each unit can be field-set for up to five cell phone numbers. If a refrigrerated unit is going off-line for a while, the user can select “Maintenance Mode” where only the first user receives text alarms. Maintenance mode automatically cancels after eight hours.
Magnetic sensors, the same type that are used in security systems, are used to determine door positions. There are two types of sensors and the Informant can use the Normally Closed (NO) switch (preferred) the Normally Closed or “NO.” This means the switch is closed when the door is closed. If the connecting wire breaks, you’ll get a “Door Open” alarm.
Door and Temperature Delay
Since freezer doors may be open for a while, there is a programmable delay function up to 99 minutes. After the delay times out, a text alarm is sent. Additionally, the temperature alarm can be delayed which is normally used to ignore defrost cycles where the temperature rise 20degF temporarily recovering to normal temperatures.
Disabling Door Sensors
Disabling Door Sensors If you set the door delay to zero seconds, the sensors become inoperative.
Connecting the Sensors
Use 20 to 24AWG wire to connect the or temperature magnetic sensors. (The temperature sensors are polarity sensitive). Cable runs of up to 200? or more are normal. Use solid or stranded wire. Solid wire is easier to insert in the Informant connector block. There is no polarity to be observed in the door sensor connection. Be sure to test the installation.
City Power Monitor
The unit detects when city power is lost and automatically switches to internal batteries in order to send text alerts and log the event. When running on batteries, the display’s backlights are turned off to reduce battery consumption. The display values are still display, albeit dimly.
The City Power alarm delays 60 seconds to see it power is returned before sending an alarm.
Replacing the Batteries
The two batteries (CR123 Lithium) are available from us, Walmart, and Radio Shack. They will run for a total of about 24 hours. The Informant can operate with no batteries but the City Power Fail function will be disabled.
Daily Status Message
A message can be automically sent at noon daily. This message confirms that the unit is connected to a cell tower, is connected to a temperaure sensor and operating properly. This function can be disabled through the keypad, if necessary.
Refrigerant Leak Detector
These sensors are installed close to the compressor as possible in order to detect the presense of the gas. In some locations these detectors are requried by city code. If your system begins to leak, it will eventually fail so early warning is a good idea. The Neodyn is a typical sensor and it closes a contact when detecting refrigeration gas. Call tech support for help on selecting a gas detector.
A loud buzzer is located underneath inside the housing and can be used to alarm local personnel of an alarm. The buzzer can be configured off if silent operation is required.
The Eco-Cool system can operate all refrigeration fixtures below on only two (2) compressors:
- Digital Refrigeration System
- Optimum Energy Efficiency
- 100% Redundancy
- Reduced Refrigerant Volume
- Smaller Footprint
- E2 Communication System (monitor, alarm and report)
- Lowered Installation Costs
About the ZS
- Outdoor Air Cooled
- Dedicated Oversized Condensers
- Stainless Steel Housing
- Ideal for Cooler/Freezer Combo Boxes
Indoor & Outdoor Air-Cooled Condensing Units
About the M Series
Cabinet & Construction
- HyperCore™ microchannel coil technology standard on all units
- Stainless Steel cabinets for superior strength and corrosion protection
- Heavy duty steel raised base with 1-1/2″ legs
- Fan guards and wiring conduit on indoor models
- Suction service valves for hermetic and scroll compressors located outside the cabinet for quick installations. Semi-hermetic compressor models have a suction valve on the compressor and an access fitting on the suction line entering the cabinet.
- Receiver with fusible plug, liquid shutoff valve and charging port is standard
- Prefabricated wiring harnesses for tight crimp connections and consistent labeling
- Large electrical panel for ease of access
- Unit stays on if the hood is removed for servicing
- Sight glass is easily viewable
- All units are completely leak tested in a helium environment, bump tested and allowed to cycle off on the high and low pressure control. Each unit has a copy of the run data shipped inside the electrical panel
- Electrical circuits are completely checked for continuity
- Piping is laid out to minimize stress and vibration and is pre-bent to eliminate leaks
- Encapsulated, auto-reset, high and low pressure controls to eliminate leaks (standard on all high and medium temperature models, adjustable low pressure control standard on low temperature models)
- Rated for 50 and 60 cycle application
- Standard PSC or optional Variable Speed EC (VSEC) with Orbus™ Controller
- Specifically matched with motor and coil to attain maximum air movement and cooling
- Wide variety of compressors including: hermetic, semi-hermetic and scroll. R-22 and R-404A/507 available for both medium and low temperature applications
- Spring-mounted compressors with vibration eliminators on all 1-1/2 to 6 HP semi-hermetic compressors; 1/2 to 1 HP compressors are rigid mounted and have a discharge loop
- Discharge service valves come standard on all units including hermetics